Editor In Chief / Editor-In-Chief / Editor in Charge / Managing Editor
Consumer Magazine Publishing
Small Business – Personal Finance – Personal Improvement
Dallas, TX – USA
With an audience of millions of readers who seek to improve their business acumen the magazine is an inspiration to a loyal audience across print and online media.
We seek a magazine publishing executive with a clear passion to the targeted audience who is capable of playing a strategic role in taking this magazine brand to the next level as a world class leader in this dynamic space.
- Set standards to maintain and grow the brand.
- Assure clear messaging and the consistent quality of magazine and online editorial content.
- Take ownership of the quality of the brand by executing content and ongoing guidance to a dedicated staff.
- Set journalistic standards and providing strategic vision.
- Ensure that editorial content and design meet quality standards and expectations set by senior management in a collaborative manner.
- Manage editorial staff to produce a monthly newsstand consumer magazine and online content for multiple sites associated with the brand.
- Collaborate with Publisher to develop editorial calendars for multiple media products and develop on time editorial plans and schedules.
- Develop and implement an editorial blog and social network / social media plan to drive traffic to the online properties associated with the brand.
- Determine editorial workflow schedules.
- Manage creative budget for magazine.
- Editorial leadership includes creatively identifying market opportunities and voids in content.
- Ensuring print and online content delivers the desired message to the designated audience
- Lead all editorial and follow ups with outside authors
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion with maturity
- A capacity to proactively and reactively function with regard to the magazine competition and adapt accordingly to be the clear industry leader.
- Manage projects with financial controls adhering to approved budgets and process.
- Maintain reporting and timeline status schedules for projects.
- Collaborate with internal marketing and creative personnel
- Degree in English, Journalism or Communication, advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of (5) years of experience managing an editorial staff for a consumer publication.
- The management of content development for a consumer oriented website.
- Knowledge and demonstrated interest in personal development / business development authors.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, proofreading and editing skills.
- Proven skills monitoring writers and editors in both print and online media platforms
- A minimum of (5) years experience working in a upbeat, fast paced, high energy, deadline driven, healthy work environment.
- Strong budgeting, planning and editorial execution skills.
- Experience producing quality work with expedited timelines as required.
- Self motivated personality, flexible, entrepreneurial, team based, capable of functioning with autonomy
- Exceptional time management skills
- Base salary of $100,000 to $120,000
- Complete company paid benefits
- 401K with company match
- Corporate relocation
- Outstanding work environment
- Low cost of living, low cost of housing, low taxes
Director of Print and Digital Media Recruitment
Filcro Media Staffing
Case Histories: http://executivesearch.tv/html/case_histories.html
Edtior-in-Chief Jobs for a Editor in Chief with Magazine Publishing Experience seeking jobs in Consumer Magazine Publishing in Dallas, TX