Editor in Chief Jobs in Consumer Magazine Publishing
Archive for the ‘editorial jobs’ Tag
Magazine Publishing Jobs for Editor in Chief and Editor in Charge for Consumer Magazine Publishing Executives Leave a comment
|Editorial Jobs for Sr. Magazine Publishing Executives in Consumer Magazine Publishing|
Senior level editorial executives with magazine publishing experience have numerous employment opportunities in the consumer magazine publishing industry.The titles: Editor-in-Chief or Editor in Chief ; Managing Editor; Editor in Charge or EIC and Senior Editor are key to identifying these opportunities as they denote the autonomy level required and granted to function in these editorial positions.The consumer magazine industry continues to exhibit exceptional growth in the following genres and subject areas:
Editorial executives with related experience to the above subject areas are in demand in some of the most ideal and desired geographics in the United States based on cost of living and lifestyle. Example:A major Small Business magazine with print circulation of over 1,000,000 and a strong presence online. In this example the Editor in Chief / Editor in Charge is offered to be located in the Dallas / Ft Worth Texas area, the editorial job offers low cost of living, no State taxes and exceptional housing values. The position pays $100,000 to $120,000 as a base to start. A new 5 Bedroom / 3.5 bathroom house can be had for the $170K range. Homes in Texas below $200,000 as shown below would be well over $5 Million if in New York City on the Upper East Side.Comparing cost of living in New York City to Dallas for magazine publishing editorial executives:
|Editorial Jobs for Magazine Publishing Editorial Executives in Consumer Magazine Publishing. – Editor in Chief Jobs Filcro Media Staffing 1985- 2011 all rights reserved.|
Editor In Chief / Editor-In-Chief / Editor in Charge / Managing Editor
Consumer Magazine Publishing
Small Business – Personal Finance – Personal Improvement
Dallas, TX – USA
With an audience of millions of readers who seek to improve their business acumen the magazine is an inspiration to a loyal audience across print and online media.
We seek a magazine publishing executive with a clear passion to the targeted audience who is capable of playing a strategic role in taking this magazine brand to the next level as a world class leader in this dynamic space.
- Set standards to maintain and grow the brand.
- Assure clear messaging and the consistent quality of magazine and online editorial content.
- Take ownership of the quality of the brand by executing content and ongoing guidance to a dedicated staff.
- Set journalistic standards and providing strategic vision.
- Ensure that editorial content and design meet quality standards and expectations set by senior management in a collaborative manner.
- Manage editorial staff to produce a monthly newsstand consumer magazine and online content for multiple sites associated with the brand.
- Collaborate with Publisher to develop editorial calendars for multiple media products and develop on time editorial plans and schedules.
- Develop and implement an editorial blog and social network / social media plan to drive traffic to the online properties associated with the brand.
- Determine editorial workflow schedules.
- Manage creative budget for magazine.
- Editorial leadership includes creatively identifying market opportunities and voids in content.
- Ensuring print and online content delivers the desired message to the designated audience
- Lead all editorial and follow ups with outside authors
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion with maturity
- A capacity to proactively and reactively function with regard to the magazine competition and adapt accordingly to be the clear industry leader.
- Manage projects with financial controls adhering to approved budgets and process.
- Maintain reporting and timeline status schedules for projects.
- Collaborate with internal marketing and creative personnel
- Degree in English, Journalism or Communication, advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of (5) years of experience managing an editorial staff for a consumer publication.
- The management of content development for a consumer oriented website.
- Knowledge and demonstrated interest in personal development / business development authors.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, proofreading and editing skills.
- Proven skills monitoring writers and editors in both print and online media platforms
- A minimum of (5) years experience working in a upbeat, fast paced, high energy, deadline driven, healthy work environment.
- Strong budgeting, planning and editorial execution skills.
- Experience producing quality work with expedited timelines as required.
- Self motivated personality, flexible, entrepreneurial, team based, capable of functioning with autonomy
- Exceptional time management skills
- Base salary of $100,000 to $120,000
- Complete company paid benefits
- 401K with company match
- Corporate relocation
- Outstanding work environment
- Low cost of living, low cost of housing, low taxes
Director of Print and Digital Media Recruitment
Filcro Media Staffing
Case Histories: http://executivesearch.tv/html/case_histories.html
Edtior-in-Chief Jobs for a Editor in Chief with Magazine Publishing Experience seeking jobs in Consumer Magazine Publishing in Dallas, TX