$80,000 to $90,000
Based on experience and outstanding benefits – Major U.S. Broadcaster
Charlotte, NC – U.S.A. – North Carolina
- We are seeking a proven broadcast professional and leader with a proven track record in traffic and management.
- This Traffic Manager should be performance driven and results oriented with excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- A Traffic Manager who is an excellent developer of talent.
- Responsibilities include the management, maintenance and oversight of the daily operation of the centralized traffic operation for an assigned group of television stations, training and staff development, supervision of workflow between local stations and centralized staff, and ensuring quality control and inventory maximization for the final product.
Hiring, training, leading and managing the traffic staff to effectively assist stations to achieve on-air product quality and revenue goals.
- Maintain station client relationships.
- Devise new methods for accomplishment of goals based upon changes within the marketplace.
- Initiates, coordinates development, execute and track success of action plans to resolve issues and maximize inventory.
- Delegate authority and responsibility with accountability and follow-up.
- Conducts regular coaching and counseling with traffic staff to ensure high levels of station client satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees
- Manage daily operation of team functions for maximum team efficiency; supervise workflow make job assignments and assume final responsibility for quality control
- Oversee all Network, Syndicated and Local stations program changes and workflow to ensure that program formats, timings, secondary events are executed as planned
- Oversee all commercial continuity processes, as well as workflow between commercial delivery services and HTV CDC
- Work with station Engineering regarding Automation needs as it relates to playlists, dublists, and purge lists
- Fully responsible for all inventory controls; insure inventory is effectively worked and communicated with each station
- Research and analyze discrepancies in order to provide expedient resolutions; mentor traffic staff to understand, resolve, and provide solutions for discrepancies
- Ensure compliance with all legal rulings and contractual obligations: Children’s Television Act, EAS announcements, EEO announcements, Network agreements, disclaimers, etc.
- Create and maintain all “Best Practices” policies, procedures, and guidelines in conjunction with Corporate guidelines and local station management operating procedures
- Maintain station “Local Station Playbook”; understand local market sales practices and philosophies, placement priorities, priority code usage, and selling rotations; ensure station “team” is notified of changes and well versed on station practices
- Serve as a consultant to Sales, News, Programming, Promotions, and Public Service to design show formats affecting the on on-air appearance and quality of product while ensuring maximum inventory usage
- Understand all policies, procedures, and requirements for HTV across all our stations
- Prioritize and oversee completion of all assigned projects
- Drive Traffic teams toward high quality and timely deliverables
- Create an agile approach with Traffic team which supports the overall processes of the company
- Set realistic objectives and perform annual reviews
- 4-7 Years of traffic management experience preferred
- Working knowledge of WideOrbit Traffic System and Harris Automation preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Organized and detailed manager of people and resources
- Leadership qualities, experience teaching, coaching, managing and training others on how to best use the systems
- Must have a solid understanding of broadcasting as it relates to Sales, Traffic, Programming, Engineering and Accounting
- Conceptual and analytical thinking
- Good communication skills and the ability to articulate ideas to all levels of management with confidence, to facilitate necessary changes.
- Skilled with conflict resolution
- Ability to work well against deadlines
- Prefer prior experience with a Multi Channel Operation; large television broadcast group and or major market, high volume television stations.
- Prefer prior management experience of 6-10 individuals.
Filcro Media Staffing
Senior Manager Broadcast Recruitment
521 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10175
212-599-0909 ext 201
- Resume Direct Resume Email Link – Preferred Mode – Please leave or place the words “Traffic Manager North Carolina” in the subject line.
- Please indicate your salary history, Thank you
- This URL: http://www.filcro.com/TV-Traffic-Jobs-North-Carolina.html
- Alt URL: http://www.tvstaff.tv/html/traffic_jobs.html
Filcro Media Staffing – http://www.ExecutiveSearch.TV
Case Histories – http://www.executivesearch.tv/html/case_histories.html
Current Seach Rosters – http://www.filcro.com/page9.htm
Contact / Locations – http://www.executivesearch.tv/html/location.html